How do you make Paula Deen’s meatloaf?
- lb ground beef.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion.
- 1⁄ cup chopped bell pepper.
- egg, lightly beaten.
- ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice.
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats.
How do you fix bland meatloaf?
Mash the meat loaf on a pan, season with salt, pepper, butter, etc then sautee it for awile, let it cool, mold them in to balls, dip in batter mix with beaten egg then fry them. Mushroom and onion gravy. Sautée mushrooms and onions, add cane soup and reduce. Serve over the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Does Meatloaf need to be covered while cooking?
Cover a single large meatloaf with a piece of aluminum foil during cooking to keep it moist, but uncover it for the last 15 minutes of baking. “Meatloaf is highly suited to being either frozen raw for cooking later or cooked and frozen to reheat.” Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
How do you make meatloaf from scratch?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. …
- Add the meat mixture to a loaf pan. …
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar.
How do you make Rachael Ray meatloaf?
- Cooking spray.
- 3 slices white sandwich bread.
- 1/4 cup milk.
- 2 pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork and veal)
- 1 small onion, grated.
- 1 clove garlic, grated.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- 1/2 cup ketchup.
How does Martha Stewart make meatloaf?
- 3 thick slices white bread, torn into large pieces.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1 celery stalk, chopped.
- 1 medium carrot, chopped.
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley.
- 12 ounces ground beef chuck (90 percent lean), preferably pasture-raised.
- 12 ounces ground pork, preferably pasture-raised.
What does milk do in meatloaf?
The reason milk is added in meatloaf is that it soaks the bread crumbs which add needed moisture to the meatloaf. If you personally do not want to use milk you can try using low sodium beef stock, chicken stock, water, or a non-dairy milk substitute.
What happens if you put too many eggs in meatloaf?
A-Meatloaves most often crumble when they contain too many bread crumbs or too few eggs or when they have not cooled partially in the fat-filled loaf pan in which they were baked.
How do you keep meatloaf moist when cooking?
How to make meatloaf
- Use high-fat meat. The leaner the meat, the dryer and grainier the meatloaf. …
- Add moisture at every step. Don’t skip adding eggs, ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire, barbecue sauce or some combination of wet seasonings. …
- Use soaked crustless bread. …
- Sauteed vegetables are key.
Do I have to put ketchup on meatloaf?
greygarious Sep 16, 200907:56 AM. If you object to tomato in general, omit… It is not essential to have a glaze on meatloaf, and that’s where the catsup usually is. If you object to tomato in general, omit it.
Do you drain the grease from meatloaf?
If you bake your meatloaf in a loaf pan, which ensures a moist loaf, consider draining the fat 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time to develop a crisp top. This method is best served by cooking ahead, which makes slicing the meatloaf easier.
Can I use a glass pan for meatloaf?
And also like glass pans, ceramic pans can be harder to unmold cakes and loaves from, because they are bulky and heavy. But they are a great choice for meatloaf and small casseroles, since you don’t unmold casseroles.
What can I substitute for bread crumbs in meatloaf?
Crushed-up crackers make an excellent bread crumb substitute in baked dishes like meatballs or meatloaf. The crackers work just as well as the bread crumbs to hold the meat mixture together, and using varieties like salty saltines or buttery Ritz is a great way to add an extra burst of flavor to your dish.