What can I do with apple butter?
What do I do with Apple Butter?
- Spread it on toast.
- Stir it into oatmeal.
- Top your pancakes and waffles with it.
- Use it instead of pumpkin or applesauce in recipes.
- Set out a bowl with a cheese plate.
- Swirl it into cakes or cupcakes.
- Brush it on chicken or pork during the last few cooking minutes.
Can I use apple butter instead of butter?
Apple butter works like applesauce in that you can substitute it for oil and butter, if you want. It gives recipes a super rich depth of flavor, and pretty much smells like fall in a bottle, which is why it’s perfect for snickerdoodles.
How do you make apple butter from scratch?
- Place the apples, apple cider, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a large pot, and cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, (stirring occasionally) until the apples have become very soft (about 1 hour).
- Use a hand blender to puree the mixture (or ladle it into a regular blender in batches) until smooth.
How long does homemade apple butter last after opening?
about 1 year
Can you get botulism from apple butter?
Although apple butter is at low risk for food-borne disease if canned improperly, especially when being made at home, the product may grow dangerous microorganisms. If the apple butter is improperly canned, Clostridium botulinum can survive and multiply in the jar.
What is the difference between applesauce and apple butter?
Apple butter is essentially concentrated applesauce.
The only difference is that apple butter is milled, pureed, or finely chopped and then cooked for a longer period of time, which gets out more water and allows it to caramelize.
What do you use to spread apple butter?
How to use apple butter
- Spread it on a sandwich. …
- Stir some into your morning oatmeal. …
- Use it in place of pizza sauce. …
- Dollop it on top of pancakes and waffles. …
- Swap it out for pumpkin puree in your favorite pumpkin pie recipe. …
- Stir a couple spoonfuls into mashed sweet potatoes or butternut squash soup.
Does homemade apple butter need to be refrigerated?
Does apple butter need to be refrigerated after opening? Yes! Make sure that you refrigerate your apple butter after you’ve opened the can or jar.
Is Apple Butter good with peanut butter?
The apple butter adds a spicy depth to the peanut butter. These would be a great addition to any party – a somewhat healthier addition to a calorie-laden game day table.
Can you freeze apple butter in Mason jars?
You can store in small plastic or glass containers and refrigerate for up to a week. Freeze what you know you won’t use right away, leave about an inch of room at the top of your containers or jars. Freeze for up to a year. Thaw in the fridge the day before you need to use it.1 мая 2020 г.
How do you thicken homemade apple butter?
Apple butter is high in natural sugar so if you want don’t want to add sugar, then use sweet apples. The thing about sugar is that helps thicken your apple butter. I used about 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar so my apple butter was satisfyingly sweet.
How do you know when Apple butter is done?
To test for doneness, remove a spoonful and hold it away from steam for 2 minutes. It is done if the butter remains mounded on the spoon.
Does unopened apple butter go bad?
Properly stored, an unopened jar of apple butter will generally stay at best quality for about 2 years. … How can you tell if apple butter is bad or spoiled? The best way is to smell and look at the apple butter: if the butter develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, or if mold appears, it should be discarded.